Bee sting cake - a German classic that inspires again and again!
The combination of a delicious base, the fine cream and the almond crunch on top is simply a real treat. Bee sting is one of my favorite cakes and is not that difficult to make. Just try it and surprise yourself with your afternoon coffee.
The cream can also be prepared the day before, which saves some time and work. A yeast dough always needs some time and love.
Personalization with chocolate has never been so easy!
The beautiful chocolate objects shown in the pictures are in the mycusini template library and can therefore be printed directly. Of course, you can also find them in the user environment Mycusini Club. If you still want to make adjustments to the size and height of the objects, you only need to create an account, with the serial number of your mycusinis this is no effort at all. Don't worry, this may sound complicated, but it isn't.
Springform pan with a diameter of 26 cm
|270 g||Wwheat flour|
|1 small pack||Dry yeast|
|80 g||Sliced almonds|
|1 small pack||Vanilla sugar or vanilla bean|
Mix flour, yeast and sugar and stir
Add the remaining ingredients and knead into a smooth dough. Knead for a few minutes or knead with the machine
Form the dough into a nice round ball, place in the mixing bowl and cover with a tea towel. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours. The dough should have "gone" visibly, i.e. become larger
- Slowly heat the butter, sugar, vanilla and cream, stirring constantly
- Bring the mixture to a boil and stir in the honey and almonds
- While the mixture cools a little, stir occasionally
- Grease the springform pan
- Roll out the dough on a floured work surface to fit the springform pan. Put the batter in the springform pan and prick it several times with a fork
- Spread the slightly cooled almond mixture over the dough. Leave a little free around the edge so that the almond paste doesn't stick to the edge as this would prevent the cake from rising
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C for circulating air (200 °C top and bottom heat)
- Let the dough rise again for half an hour in a warm place until it has visibly risen again
- Bake the cake for about 25 minutes
Remove the cake from the springform pan and let cool
- Mix the pudding powder and sugar and stir in a little milk (approx. 8 tablespoons) until smooth
- Boil the remaining milk with the cream, remove from the stove and stir in the mixed pudding powder. Boil the pudding again while stirring
- stir in butter
- Place the pudding in a mixing bowl and cover the surface directly with cling film to prevent a pudding skin from forming
- When the cake and the pudding have cooled down, the cake can be assembled
- Slice the cake in half horizontally. Divide the almond topping into cake pieces, 12-16 pieces depending on your preference
- Whip the pudding at the highest level of the mixer and pour onto the cake base. Place the almond lids on top and sprinkle with powdered sugar
There are more recipes with mycusini topping and the latest news here.
I wish you lots of fun baking
The mycusini team